Thursday 10 February 2011

Thoughts for a Thursday: teamwork

I've posted about my work place before - he tangata, he tangata, he tangata.

Today we said goodbye to a team mate - she is moving on to better and greater things - long-term dream type stuff. And who are we to stop that. We can still be sad, tho!

I've been in the organisation for 15 years now, in a few teams - and stayed at one desk, through 3 job titles, 2 team leaders, various other reorganisations around me. My team has merged with others, separated out, merged with others...

And, all the while - I've worked with some pretty great people.

I've been a smoker for many of these years - making my social connection at work larger than many. There's always people from other teams you meet in the smokers' area, wherever it is. (Same holds true at conferences / meetings, etc.)

People have come and gone. Some keep in touch. Some don't. Facebook helps. Outside organisations help. Effort helps.

Now, paying bills is a major reason for going to work. But, so are the people I get to hang out with while there.

As always... he tangata. He tangata. He tangata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!