Thursday 19 May 2011

Thursday for a Thurday: techno taming

Ever feel like technology is taking over your life?
Most Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I'm sitting in front a computer for about 10 hours a day at work. Doing techie stuff. You know, email, internet stuff - research, searching, chat, updating webpages - working on documents and spreadsheets... Pretty much all work-related.
Thursdays - about six hours or so. Friday and Saturday, not so much. Also explains why I spend so much time of Saturday out from the workroom and from behind the desk.
This also explains why I'm a sporadic facebooker. And why I forget I have a brand-new twitter account.
And... why I only rarely actually plug-in-and-turn-on my broadband at home.
After hours at work spent in front of a screen - when I'm at home, I'd rather have the screen a few feet away - a TV screen, where I'm not expected to do anything, up to and including paying attention. And I'll knit.... or read. Or both at the same time.
I'm not that much of a techno-nut to enjoy being hooked in all the time.
And, that's my excuse for not updating my blog so much.
And the blogs I follow tend to be the ones that email me. The whole logging-on to yet ANOTHER account, or visiting ANOTHER site does my head in. Just email me any updates, damn it. Facebook - I remember to visit, because it emails me when I'm tagged.
Mea culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!