Thursday 7 February 2008

A trip down memory lane...

So, this new book appeared on our shelves which led to much discussion... what was your favourite Little Golden Book?
Mine were:
The monster at the end of this book - when you're a child, you never know when a book's ending might change...
Sleeping Beauty - no, NOT the Disney version! But a fabulous version with people dressed in high-middle ages garb (women in hennin and stuff) [which I cannot find anywhere!]
Tootle was pretty cool - rebellious wee train engine that he was. Color kittens and Busy Timmy (which had the wonder of Eloise Wilkin's illustrations)
And you?

3 comments:

  1. I loved "The Monster". I think I actually got that it was a concept - I read it at about 8 or 9 - but it was a clever enough conceit that I was tickled by it, and also I strongly identified with Grover being a scrawny youngster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivid memories of holding the pages down... just in case...
    I've seen the destruction a scared child can have on a book - my sister's copy of Rod Campbell's 'I won't bite' is missing a lion's mouth, courtsey of one of her children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'I won't bite' is one of my fave readalouds for very littlies... it always amazes me how they fall for it every time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!