Sunday 6 January 2008

Sporting eh what?

Seanfish wanted to add this video to my comments... Olga Korbut on the uneven bars...
Thanks matey! Spot the gender difference in our preferred videos!
I loved the commentary! 'Has that been done before, by a girl?' 'Never! Not by any human that I know of'... classic!



And, yep Fiona - Radio Sport rocks! Unfortunately I'm sure I'll get in trouble listening to the streaming from the site... I have to sneak a peak at cricinfo every once in a while instead. As I discovered yesterday... AM does not get picked up in our building...

Just to confirm my fogey-ness - the radios in my house have Newstalkzb on FM and Radiosport on AM...
At this precise moment (lunch of the NZ v Bangladesh test) I have the Australia v India test on TV in the lounge (down the hall) and - thanks to Fiona - am listening to the commentary, via live streaming, of the Auckland v Otago in the State Shield. Ready at any moment to leap up and watch replays of action with the test (I can just hear the TV commentary from up the hall)...
Years and years ago my then flatmate (a girl) was confused about why I watched cricket (especially test match) so I introduced her to the joys of cricket watching... You're really tired and don't want to do much over the weekend so, if you're invited somewhere, you say 'sorry, I was going to watch the cricket - big fan, you know'. Then you turn on the TV just before it starts... staying in your pyjamas optional... and sit there with a good book, junk food, and chill out - and watch the replays of big scoring shots and wickets, as necessary. She was convinced (although she didn't watch too many replays)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!