Wednesday 8 July 2009

The (cat) pee wars

I understand the WHY of it all... but it's still driving me to distraction (and into overdraft)...
Molly is having territorial disputes with the cat (possibly cats) next door, who treat the catflap as an invitation to visit.
The problem is, Molly is used to ruling the roost - and the neighbourhood - but she's not the tough 6-year-old she was when she last had to assert dominance. She's 12½ now, and things are different.
I've had to wash clothes I don't wear, because they were left in a pile to sort out (the dress-up wardrobe).
I've had to wash a handbag. It wasn't my paranoia after all, it DID smell of cat pee...
I've had to wash a pillow that fell off my bed. Oh, and get the washing machine fixed after that resulted in a split pillow and fluff all through the machine. But, hey!, first time it's been serviced in its 15+ years of life! Note to self: don't try that again.
I've had to buy carpet deodorises, carpet sprays, anti-pet smell sprays, room deodorises, extra litter tray, litter...
Oh, and a new umbrella. It was in the handbag. Yeah, ok, I bought more than one umbrella - but I feel they should also be fashion accessories and match your outfit. I've just never bothered before.
So, all up, this territorial dispute has cost $300+ and counting...
And a few hours of lost sleep as the sound of fighting cats wakes me up and I have to get up and chase evil trespassing cat/s away...
And - no - a magnet catflap will not work. That presupposes my cat would keep a collar on. Not going to happen.
By the way - that's Molly getting close to her friend, the heater. So, yes, she costs me money too, because I've had to start the timer on the heaters earlier than I would otherwise, to keep her warm.
And the person who suggested that I might like to reconsider my decision to have a Molly in my life - you've got to be joking. This whole situation is total and utter pain - and expensive - but my life without her wouldn't be worth it, you cold-hearted non-pet owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!