I know, I know... it's Christmas (nearly)...
Yes, I do like spending time with you as part of (insert activity here, eg work / club...)
But I sometimes wonder about the insistence of secret Santas & gatherings.
I have a large family - some of whom I get presents for. And there's the family gatherings, too.
So to spend time & money on secret Santa gifts is a bit of a struggle. Not to mention gatherings.
Christmas gathering countdown:
- full work do - done
- team work do - done
- club do - done
- charity do - upcoming
- maternal extended family do - upcoming
- sisters' work do - upcoming
Christmas shopping checklist:
- work team $5 secret Santa - done
- club $10 secret Santa - done
- charity $12 secret Santa - done
- family $40 secret Santa - done
- last under-18 niece present - done
- the only friend I buy a Christmas present for - not quite done
- present for Cass' kids - nearly done
- present for Jodz' kids - nearly done [more nearly than Cass]
- present for Sara's boy - nearly done
- present for Joshie's boys - done & posted
- First Christmas present for Olivia - done
- First Christmas present for Jem - I'll get back to you on that one... a limb-less teddy is not the look I'm going for. Might mean a dash to Pumpkin Patch!
- Dec b'day present for mum: thinking on it
- Dec b'day present for sister: halfway there
- Jan b'day 30th present for Joshie: thinking...
- Jan b'day present for 2 of Jodz' girls: off to Pumpkin Patch.
And, that's why I'm over it...