Friday 6 February 2009

Imponderables

Why is my flatmate watching the Aliens 'squilology' (his term) for the nth time when there's a LIVE international cricket game on?!?! Hence my computing while listening to RadioSport (the bonus, of course, is that the commentary on the radio is better than TV)...
I LIKE cricket and would LOVE to be watching it now...
Hmmm... it must be true love... but he did start watching the movies before his girlfriend arrived.
That's something I'm very much looking forward to when I - finally/eventually - go back to living by myself: choosing my own TV shows, and not having someone else randomly changing channels. You know, just because I happen to have left the room for a second, doesn't mean I'm not watching that programme!
I'll miss the fresh produce from the garden, tho', as I have a black thumb. I will try to grow some veges, but I'm not holding out much hope...
But I will very much enjoy the lack of noise not of my own making. I think working in a very people-oriented environment makes me cling to every moment of quiet that I can.
Anyway - about another 1½ hour of cricket to go - maybe they'll give up and go to bed before me, even tho' I'm working tomorrow...
Sleep in on Sunday - and off to Wellington! The year begins in earnest...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!