Wednesday 30 June 2010

Review it: Vintage knits

One for the knitters out there.
Any book about something you can make - and are interested in - be it recipes, or crafts - if you're like me, you pick it up. Skim through it and think - I could make that.

Sometimes, if you're lucky - you think that a lot.
I picked up this book - Vintage knits for modern babies by Hadley Fierlinger - and thought that a lot. But, not just I could make that but I want to make that. A lot. So much so, that I went down to my fav shop, Masco, straight away to buy the necessary materials to knit an outfit for new baby - but I can't show you proof yet, until I've put buttons on the top for new baby. New baby used to be 'future baby' but she's now arrived... - . Oh, and that hat for Monkey comes from there, too. There are a few more patterns I really, really want to try out, too! Will let you know.
I actually want to BUY this book! That's how much I like this book.

At the same time, I got out another book (Vintage baby knits by Kristen Rengren) - and it just didn't inspire me at all. Some of the patterns are so dated it's not funny. There is no way in hell that a modern parent would dress their child in that!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Can't wait to see what you have made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!