Saturday 15 September 2007

What book got you hooked?

First Book, an American literacy organisation, celebrated giving its 50 millionth book to children in need with a 'What book got you hooked?' campaign.

Create Readers, the National Library children's lit blog, is asking New Zealanders the same thing.

My memory's a bit hazy from that time, but the books I do remember hearing as a preschooler, and possibly reading a bit later on were:
  • Green eggs and ham by Dr Seuss
  • The lion in the meadow by Margaret Mahy
  • Are you my mother? by P.D. Eastman
  • and, horror of horrors, Richard Scarry!

What were yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!