Sunday 5 June 2022

Books as a mental health measure

I spent yesterday reading THIS MANY books! 

Now, at night, I read around the knitting and cat. 

My reading choices reflect my mental health. 

My preference, at the moment, is for non-fiction. 

History and science are my staples. 

Fiction isn't getting a look in. 

When I'm not the best, fiction requires too much effort. Too much social thinking. Thinking and empathy. And, I don't have the mental health spoons for that. 

So, I'll stick to non-fiction. 

If you see me re-reading Anne McCaffrey, LM Montgomery, or Elizabeth Goudge..  I'm falling apart. If I get to Trixie Belden, all bets are off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!