Friday 29 September 2023

World Kid Lit Month 2023: Bonus Middle Grade Book

Bonus: A Middle Grade Book: 

Glitter boy
By Ian Eagleton.

Scholastic, 2023. 

I will admit to haunting our library catalogue in the hopes that this would eventually arrive! I was getting very close to making a purchasing suggestion.

Yet again, death features in one of my choices. 
Those books don't usually come with a whole heap of Mariah Carey love! 

The under-the-radar, low-level bullying of James is something that hits close to home.

Again, those middle years can be complete hell. They were the worst years of my bullying - and by those ostensibly my friends. 

Through it all, James keeps his glitter on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!