Wednesday 27 September 2023

World Kid Lit Month 2023: A book translated from a language spoken by a friend

 A book translated from a language spoken by a friend: 

The snake and the frogs 
Retold by Mariam Karim-Ahlawat; illustrated by Nancy Raj; Tamil translation by Malarvizhi. 

Tulika Publishers, 2018. 

A traditional tale, with illustrations based on wooden folk toys from Channapatna in Karnataka, a craft style that came centuries ago from Persia (quote from publisher's website). 

This tale was published in multiple bilingual formats: 

  • English / Bengali
  • English / Gujarati
  • English / Hindi
  • English / Kannada
  • English / Malayalam
  • English / Marathi
  • English / Tamil
  • English / Telugu. 
I hope I've credited the translator! Trying to find the translator is an issue so many times! 
Yes, I did originally ear mark this for a language with non-Roman script - but changed my mind! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and sharing... please share your name, too...
I'm going to check the comments first - and it might take me a while to remember to look - sorry!